Monday, March 19, 2007

"We call it riding the gravy train..."


I love finding old mix Cd's from like 2001 @ the height of Napster and when all music was free and Lars Ulrich was just still half a fag.


I just started a 2001 mix featuring Foo Fighters covering "Have a Cigar" by Pink Floyd and now Kittie is singing sweet metal harmonies to me in the form of "Charlotte."


Let's see I have Feb. 2003 mix. Should be some gems on that. Oooh, Mix 2002 is all this one says. Seems to be a hastily cobbled mix @ that. Probably one I made as I was getting ready to hit route 128 in Saugus heading to work or was I on the road to Wyoming then? Who knows. I don't remember. So many CD'rs, so many jobs. Hehehe.


Oooof. Limp Bizkit. Well, c'mon forgive me alright? EVERYONE loved "Nookie" and "Break Stuff". At least for that 1 summer.


"Its all about that he said/she says, bullshit!".


Apparently Fred Durst packs chainsaws and he will skin your ass raw. Oh Fred, you are a silly bitch.


Hells Yeah, Pantera tears it up! RIP Dimebag Darrell. I think I am getting a raging head banging hard on right now. They tried to Reinvent the Steel that year but all the homo's bought Limp Bizkit instead.


Fuck You, I bought both.


Track 6, radio edit of "Judith" by A Perfect Circle right before the album came out with the DJ talking @ the end.


Sevendust, Filter-"Hey Man Nice Shot" Re-Mix, Godsmack, More Kittie, Tommy Lee, some Nu-Metal bands I cant remember and we finish it all off with some Live Tool! Not too shabby for 2001. Most of the songs still stand up and more surprising that the scratched to shit Memorex CDR did too. Blue bottom even!


So, its on to see what the other faded and scratched CDR's hold. What was I cranking back in the years before everyone had 20GB's of tunes in their Ipod to call up on demand.

Sometimes it is fun to look back.


I guess today turned out to be one of 'em.


P.S-HAHA, I put a hidden track on this CD, i think its called "Now your a Man" by Trey Parker from the film "Orgazmo" by the South Park guys. If you know it you'd be laughing, if not, look it up if you can.


I leave you with a sample lyric "What makes a man? Is it the women in his arms, just cause she has big titties?. Or is it the way, he fights every-day?....No, its probably the titties..!"














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! I'm sitting here at work singing "Now You're A Man" to myself!!! That tune rocks! Now I'm going to really date your age when I tell people I still have the Mix TAPES you made me back when there were no such thing as CDs :) My detox from the burning mind was finally complete and now I'm joensing again! More! More!